Call & Book an Appointment TODAY!


A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), also referred to as a visitor visa, is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office that is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident (either as a visitor, a student, or a worker). A TRV needs to be obtained before you reach Canada, You can contact us for Visitor Visa Immigration Services.

People who are looking to visit Canada for a holiday, or to visit family, or to conduct business should apply for a TRV before they arrive in Canada. The TRV come with some restrictions which are subject to various conditions. Canadian citizens or permanent residents are not required to get a TRV to enter or re-enter Canada.


In order to get a TRV you need to satisfy some conditions while you apply to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Some of these conditions are as follows:

You must prove that you will leave the country after your visit.

You must be able to prove that you have sufficient funds to maintain yourself and any accompanying family members coming with you.

You must be in good health and be willing to conduct a medical exam if required.

Must not have any criminal record; be willing to get a police verification done.

Must not engage in any kind of work or study in Canada, unless authorized to do so.

Must be able to provide all supporting documents at the request of the visa officer.

The requirement for a TRV also applies to temporary residents who are transiting in Canada. This requirement depends on your country of residency. If you do not require a visa to enter Canada, you may require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Find out if you need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visitor visa.

Immigration Consultant: We offer our experienced Visitor Visa Immigration Services in Kitchener Waterloo, Cambridge, Brampton, Mississauga, Hamilton London & Surrounding Areas.

If you are from one of the countries which do not require a TRV to visit Canada, then you might have to get an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). You must check if you need an eTA before arriving to Canada and apply for one.

According to the new entry requirements, visa-exempt foreign nationals who come to Canada or transit through a Canadian airport, need an eTA. U.S. citizens and people with a valid Canadian visa, Canadian citizens or permanent residents do not require an eTA. eTA requirement is only required if flying in, visa exempt travellers do not need an eTA if they are entering Canada via land or sea.

An eTA can be valid for about five years or earlier if your passport expires. With a valid eTA you can travel to Canada as often as you want for short stays which is normally six months at a stretch.

For any kind of help related to eTA, you can contact us, we offer all types of Immigration Services.

A general visitor visa or an eTA allows an individual to stay in Canada for up to six months from the time they first enter the country. If they need to extend their stay, they need to apply for an extension and pay the fee again.

However, a super visa allows a parent or grandparent to visit their family in Canada and stay for up to two years without having to renew their status every six months. It is valid for 10 years or until the passport expires (if less than 10 years) and allows for multiple entries. The super visa is applicable for eligible parents and grandparents of the person living in Canada. Dependants of parents and grandparents are not eligible for the super visa.


The eligibility for a super visa depends on various factors. You need to fulfill the following condition in order to apply for a super visa:

You must be able to prove that you are the parent or grandparent of the Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

You must have gone through a complete medical examination and passed.

You should be able to prove that you have a private medical insurance from an Canadian insurance company valid for at least one year from when you enter Canada. The medical insurance must cover at least $100,000 towards your health care, hospitalization, and repatriation.

You should have a financial support in a form of a letter of invitation from the child or grandchild for the entire duration of your stay in Canada. The letter must be included with a bank letter with availability of funds according to the size of the family.

You must be able to prove that you will be a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave the country at the end of the visit.

You should not engage in and work or study in Canada without authorization.

The application for a super visa also depends on your ties to your home country, genuine purpose of visit, financial situation, political or economic stability, and invitation from your child or grandchild in Canada.

If you like to apply for Super Visa Application, we can use our experience and help you, If you have any questions on Canadian Immigration Services, please feel free to contact us at Steed Immigration, you Immigration Consultant in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Brampton, Mississauga, London & Surrounding Areas.