Call & Book an Appointment TODAY!


Express Entry Process

You need to first determine that your work experience is classified under skill type (0, A, B, C or D), as defined by the NOC system, in order to determine eligibility for Express Entry.

An Educational credential assessment (ECA) is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, or certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a Canadian one. You only need an assessment for your highest level of education from a designated organization and for immigration purpose.

If you completed your education outside Canada, you need an assessment to:

  • be eligible as the principal applicant for Federal Skilled Workers Program (Express Entry), or
  • earn points for education you got outside Canada
    You can also earn points for your spouse or common-law partner’s education, if they are coming with you to Canada.

You don’t need an assessment for a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate.

To earn points, your report must show that your completed foreign credential (degree, diploma or certificate) is equal to a completed Canadian secondary school (high school) or post-secondary credential.

Designated organizations
You must use one of these designated organizations:

To be eligible for Express Entry, you must prove your English or French language ability:

  • take an approved language test
  • get the minimum results required by your program
  • include the results when you complete your Express Entry profile

Acceptable language tests - 

Click here to review your English/French Language test level

Select the Economic Immigration Program and determine your eligibility as per the program requirements.

Determine your score as per Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) and Create an express entry profile. This is a critical process and we encourage you to seek a professional advice. Steed Immigration Services will be happy to assist.

After you receive an invitation to apply,  you will have 60 days to submit your application for permanent residence.

Arrange and submit all the documents within 60 days from the date you receive the invitation. Pay the required fees and submit your application.

From the acknowledgement of the application, your application for PR will be reviewed and updates will be provided on the status of your application. Additional documentation, Medical Examination, Interview, etc will be requested as applicable.

Once your application is approved, you will receive a Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR) document. Note: You will require an eTA before travel to Canada as COPR is not a travel document.

You will also receive additional information on settlement services in Canada.

Welcome to Canada!